Saturday, February 16, 2013

Aviation Cocktail

Today we take a second, closer look at the Aviation Cocktail, as I blew by it the first time around with a fatigued palate and inebriated pen.

Plymouth Gin, Créme Yvette Violet Liqueur, Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur, and fresh Lemon Juice, served up.


Clever drinking companion Autumn appraises it to be Italian in essence; she thinks it's the violet that lends it such a feeling.

It makes me think I should be on a dusty porch in Tuscany at dusk having an apéritif before coming inside for a hearty meal full of starch. I should also have three days facial hair growth, be wearing the same clothes I was laboring in the groves with, my skin still radiating heat, waiting patiently for the first wisps of evening breeze to cascade over residual perspiration.


One of Autumn's preferred standbys is the Brown Derby, which they of course make very well here.

Because we only make responsible decisions while drinking our way through the Park we decided to sup in the lounge of Napa Rose.




For desert I had two scoops of kiwi sorbet. Autumn elected a hot chocolate and doughnut dish with - there is no other way to say this - gold. She felt like having a Tywin Lannister-esque bowel movement. I stood watch at the privy door keeping an eye out for dwarves with crossbows. If the previous two sentences make no sense it's your own fault for not having read "A Song of Ice and Fire: A Storm of Swords" yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment