Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bourbon Crusta, Side Car




I had recently returned from a two week sojourn on the other side of the Atlantic. Drinking Companion Autumn's pass wasn't expired yet, so we decided to check in at the Lounge and wreak our usual brand of mischief.
I failed to bring along a notebook, pen, or camera. Autumn had her pants wizard, which she was happy to point out substitutes for all three.

And lo! The menu had an insert at the front announcing two new drinks! The Bourbon Crusta and The Side Car, which I can confidently tell you (if nothing else) are the two beverages pictured above.

We decided to sample them both. Autumn would take pictures and notes and email them to me at a later date.

Somehow everything went wrong along the way...




From: Autumn Lee <[deleted]@gmail.com>
To: zoe necrosis <[deleted]
@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:41 AM
Subject: Re:

Wow.  I imagine the Sidecar was too sweet for me by the description but I have no memory of that day.  I have never seen those drinks in my life.


On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 10:39 AM, zoe necrosis <[deleted]@yahoo.com> wrote:
So I'm getting around to writing this one today and I'm having difficulty with the notes. Underneath the Bourbon Crusta notes it says I liked the bourbon plus agave, but neither contain both of those ingredients.
I can't be certain, therefore, which one we liked better.
I'm not entirely certain if the notes are telling me you thought the Side Car was too sweet.
I'm running this by you on the odd spare chance you can recall how we felt about which and which notes refer to which drink. If you can't I'll just tell the truth and say we can't be certain what we meant because we're a couple sots.
Thanks,
Z

From: Autumn Furnish <[deleted]@gmail.com>
To: zoe necrosis <[deleted]@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:10 PM
Subject:

Bourbon Crusta
Bulleit Bourbon, Cointreau, Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur, and fresh lemon juice with a lemon peel and sugar rim

Helped by the sugar on the rim. The Bourbon plus the agave nectar dies it for me. It tastes kinder. Zoe and Autumn like it better. 

Side Car
Hennessy V. S. Cognac, Cointreau, fresh lemon juice, and Agave Nectar with a lemon peel and a sugar rim. 

"This one is sweet enough." Autumn thinks its too sweet.
      Sent from my iPhone





At any rate, the photos she sent me also indicate that we settled eventually on our inevitable standby: a Jameson and Pickleback. Because we're classy like that. My powers of deduction tell me that since the same drink combo appears on different table tops and in different glasses, we came back for seconds (at least). This is why we can't have nice things.

No comments:

Post a Comment