Sunday, August 18, 2013

Long Beach


I just began another drying out period. No alcohol for me for a while. My tolerance has become absurd and needs a reset. Happily, the Carthay Lounge is still good for atmosphere, tea and company.


I met up with J-Bomb (aka Professor Hooch) and her brother Drew (aka Rubeus, not pictured) and enjoyed my favorite decaffeinated non-alcoholic Carthay beverage, the Organic Tangerine Rooibos loose leaf tea. Drew had his usual, a Long Island. J-Bomb had a Long Beach, both of which are readily provided but off menu, naturally.


"What's in a Long Beach?" I asked.

"It's like a Long Island Iced Tea but with cranberry juice instead of coke," replied J-Bomb.

"Okay, that's what we'll profile for the next entry. What're your tasting notes?"

"It tastes a bit like lemonade."

"Does it?"

"Yeah. That's what you said last time when you tried it."

"I did?"

"You were drunk. And yeah, it has a kind of tart finish."


And on the subject of furnishings and decoration, the display that previously housed Snow White cameos from the 1930s now has a collection of original Pinocchio dolls. The age of any doll is directly proportionate to its creepiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment