Sunday, October 9, 2016

Guest Entry: Poison Appletini (JJ Has Gay Day)

(Here is a guest entry from longtime Carthay Drinking Companion JJ - see below entry if you would like to submit yours!)

The first weekend in October is Gay Days, so I knew it was going to be crowded.  On Saturday, the heat left me with no patience for anything, so I met a friend at Carthay.  I was excited that their seasonal Poison Appletini was back.  Somehow, I remember it tasting better last year, but I had two just to make sure.  I didn't think to ask what was in it, but it mostly tastes like that artificial apple candy flavoring.  It's not very strong except in its impact on your wallet ($15).



It was much cooler on Sunday, but also more crowded, since a lot more annual passes were unblocked.  I wanted to try to get on Tower of Terror once more before my pass expires, but the line was 150 minutes long!  I didn't even know the wait time sign could go up that high.

Here's a view of the dirt pit that will be Star Wars Land from the parking structure.


The Rivers of America is blocked off, just past where the Colombia is docked.





The path from Frontierland to Fantasyland ends just past Big Thunder Mountain, and there's a mural of what Star Wars Land is expected to look like.



The only noticable difference from the Fantasyland side, is that the chalet end of the old Skyway is gone.

 

I still haven't been on Peter Pan since the last time it was updated... It was open, but also being worked on.

Other than that, everything else was open.. as long as you had the patience to wait for it!

~J.

No comments:

Post a Comment